MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Training MMA once a week.. Worth it?

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
mrmatt
MMA Fanatic

mrmatt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Training MMA once a week.. Worth it?

Hello guys, my MMA class is starting this week. Thing is, this class is only once a week (1h30). So I was wondering if it really worth it since this sport is so complex. They say we focus on Boxing, Muy Thai, Judo and BJJ, but I just don't see this happening if we only have 1h30 every week. I am afraid that I won't really learn anything since we only have that much time...

That being said, I also train BJJ 1-2 times a week (classes) and open mats at least once a week. I hit the gym about 2 or 3 times a week so I'm not that much out of shape.

I was wondering if it really worth it? And what are my options? For the moment, I can't really go in a real MMA gym due to financial issues, but I was thinking about also learning on my own and with a friend with youtube and other instructional videos to get better in a shorter ammount of time.

What do you guys think?