MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Erick Silva, how good is that "kid" and can be beat GSP ?

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
ACTAFOOL
Lightweight

ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Yeah Weidman kicked all of their asses, but anyone with a good all round game pretty much does the exact same. Theres a difference between easily beating Sakara and surviving a round with Anderson. I think Weidman has showed an alright game all round, but as he hasnt shown to be one of the best in any specific area I dont think he can be hyped at the level he is just yet. I think Bisping beats him if they fight. Bisping is a great grappler too, and I think Bisping will be able to use intelligent boxing to steal the rounds. I HATE that Weidman is fighting Tim next because that's really the fight that makes sense for a #1 contendership. I also agree that he beats Maia quite easily in a rematch.

EDIT: I dont think Anderson's weakest point is his "grappling", it's more his TDD. On the ground or with the takedowns, Sonnen is a lot better than Weidman so as he could rush Anderson to get him down and stay in the guard with GnP to keep him there, Weidman will need to get a clinch together, work a double against the cage etc., and at that I think Anderson won't have much trouble tying him up on the ground until he gets back up and wins by knockout.

I dont really see what warrents "amazing BJJ". If he got put on his back by say Sonnen, I dont see him pulling off a triangle to finish the fight. I mean he trains BJJ and he might of picked it up quite quickly, but I think that particular adjective is a little extreme.

JBJ was different. Jones has so many assets and showed every one of them through his rise. His wrestling was shown to be pretty good, his ground and pound was great, and when he used his natural advantages to control the striking game, he made for one of the most unstoppable guys ever in the UFC. Weidman to me, just hasnt shown anything THAT different. He's a pretty good wrestler with pretty good striking and pretty good submissions. I don't see ANYTHING Anderson struggles with against him. Anderson has dealt with a more difficult wrestler in Chael, a better striker like Vitor, a better BJJ guy like Maia. I don't see a single aspect of Weidman's game that would trouble Anderson. I could see Bisping working Anderson over in a boring fight against the cage, but that's not quite Weidman's style and I dont see one part that troubles him.
well hes barley started BJJ and hes already doing well in ADCC, he has a natural talent when it comes to grappling, maia is great at bjj but needs to work on his TDs

weidman has a sick combination of great wrestling (i think you're underestimating his wrestling...or maybe im overrating it, but i think he outwresltes any1 at 185) size, and bjj...and his striking is getting better and better...

i think his size is something ppl tend to overlook, hes a big MW...i think he could easily bully guys around with his skills + size...i doubt anderson would be able to triangle him, but i wonder if weidman is fast enough to shoot on andy, his footwork is very good..it would be a very interesting fight, obviously i never bet against andy but i would be more worried about weidman than say sonnen or vitor
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote