MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Erick Silva, how good is that "kid" and can be beat GSP ?

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #40 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Lets see how he does against Fitch before we even begin speaking his name in the same sentence as GSP. Lets be honest his biggest win by far came over a guy who just got cut from the UFC. 14-2 is impressive but name one guy besides Brenneman that he beat, 99% of users could not answer that. (And lets be honest if it wasn't for the Story fight we wouldn't know him either)

Lets be real he has fought nobody of any noteriety so to start comparing him to one of the P4P best.

IMO the Fitch fight will tell us a lot about the guy or at least I hope it will. I don't want to see a flash knock out I want to see him pressed or see him press Fitch. Then we can maybe see how good he is. Lets not call him Kid though the man is only 3 years younger than GSP and only 4 years younger than BJ Penn. For comparison at 28 GSP had already become champ twice and beat the likes of Hughes, Kos, Fitch and Penn. By 28 BJ had already held titles in two weight classes and established a fairly decent legacy. Silva is not the young up and comer just a guy that is finally getting his shot.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote