MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dennis Hallman explains he lost his daughter to wife with drug problem before fight

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #35 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
Who decides when a guy is more trouble than he's worth?

I'll throw this back to the Alves example. You think Hughes didn't get a nice kickback under the table for fighting Alves when he showed up THAT overweight? You think Hughes is dumb? He's one of the smartest guys in the history of the sport, he isn't fighting a guy that overweight unless someone makes it worth his while.

This kind of shit is basically the definition of corruption.

Why even HAVE weight classes?
And before i go to bed (Sorry for Double post)

I just want to touch up on the Matt Hughes thing.

Whether the UFC paid him a bit more or not to take the fight does not matter. There is already ALOT of incentive to take a fight if a guy is overweight. You get 20% if your opponents money, If you dont accept the fight you also dont get paid, You have just spent money and time training for the last 3 months, You get to FIGHT which is what Fighters LIKE to do, you look good to the fans and the company owes you one.

So if the UFC didnt give Hughes anything extra to take the fight then that would NOT surprise me at all. It makes sense that Hughes would take the fight. He is one of the fighters who wont be fired whether he won or lost. So why would he turn down a fight and turn down his 200k+ paycheck??? He wouldnt. So whether the UFC paid him extra or not really does not matter... there is a money incentive already there.

And why even have weight classes??? Talk about jumping the gun there...
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote