MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Erick Silva, how good is that "kid" and can be beat GSP ?

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #46 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Guy View Post
I'm not saying he isn't good. I'm just saying there is no evidence to suggest that he is in the same class as the names being thrown around in this thread.

He has yet to fight even a mediocre UFC fighter, and I'll reserve judgment until he does. Beating Fitch would be a good start to validate the hype, but frankly I have no idea how good Fitch is anymore, so pretty much no matter what happens on Saturday it's going to be hard to say where he is at with any real confidence.
So on one hand you are saying we don't know what Silva is beause he hasn't fought anyone relevant in the UFC.

On the other hand you say if he beats Fitch you still can't say what he is.

So what is he supposed to do? Is Fitch not a top 10 fighter?

Reguardless of who Silva has beat, he has beat them in impressive/easy fashion. The skills he has shown in my eyes are top 10 level talent. He has one of the betters camps/teams in the whole sport. He is well-rounded. He has a killer instinct that can't be denied.

We will see what happens. Call it hype. But it is more of a prediction/opinion. I think Erick Silva can be a top 5 type of WW. Is he now? No. But he will only get better opponents from here. He has the skills to be very very good. And from what I have seen, the right attitude.

It is no more hype than Rory has got. He beat a 155er Nate Diaz. Be Che Mills and people are calling him the future at WW once GSP leaves. Probably less hype.

Last edited by jonnyg4508 : 10-08-2012 at 11:13 AM.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote