Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

TUF 16 discussion

13K views 122 replies 31 participants last post by  Joabbuac 
#1 ·
Cant really pin point a winner this season.

The season preview at the end looks good though! I'm ready. Even if the fights are uneventful, we are in for some good reality tv... and theres not much of that anymore

#48 ·
The stand up was ridiculous. The ground and pound was weak, but he was in side control landing elbows.

The second round was a questionable 10-8, but Ellis didn't do anything except be a punching bag. I could understand why it was a 10-8, even though I didn't score it that way. I don't think it would have mattered though, Ellis looked done.

I think that the first round wasn't scored 10-8 in Ellis' favor because Colton was in control at the beginning. (at least from what I remember.) He was tagging Ellis multiple times and when they clinched, he would take Ellis down a couple of times. He was scoring points, and Ellis didn't start to drop him until a little bit later. Ellis may have dominated after the mid point, but because of Colton's success early on, I only scored it 10-9 for Ellis. (You can disagree if you want, just my opinion and how I scored it.) In the second, Ellis didn't have any moments of glory like Colton did in the first. He was just a punching bag getting taken down and pounded on, and getting hit hard standing a few times.

I scored it a draw but either way, like I said, Ellis looked done. I wouldn't have been surprised if Colton had finished him if it went to the third round. I guess you could say Ellis at least deserved that chance to prove us wrong, but that's why you don't leave it in the hands of the judges. :) Easier said than done, I know.

#53 ·
I would walk off the show if I was on nelsons team. The guy is a ******* joke. It amazes me that guys can even come close to a win. It either says something about how bad the other guys are or how talented they are. Not sur e

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

#52 ·
Yeah, his methods seem like he doesn't care and he comes off as lazy to me. I like the guy, but it gets irritating at times. How he picks fights is mind boggling. It's really not funny anymore. It makes you wonder if some of his guys would still be in the tournament if he took time out to find them the best possible match up for them.

I liked Chucks methods even at the beginning during his season. Not following the one hit wonders mini hype. He actually did research online to see how good the fighters really were. Dana White questioned his logic on his team picks, but they turned out to be very good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.