MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 153: Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Sports_Nerd
Featherweight

Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
If Stephan instantly tries to grapple, and still gets smashed, it will hurt his legacy a lot. This fight here is for him to lose like a warrior. If he comes forward, takes a truck load of punishment and fights through a bloodied face to stand toe to toe with Anderson, he will go down as a legend. This isn't a fight for gameplans, it's a fight that has to be turned into a war where Anderson might get caught.

I'm sure everyone is rooting for Bonnar. If he wins, I hope he retires. If he loses, I hope he gets to run the next TUF with Forrest.
Why would it hurt his legacy? Because he tried to actually win the fight instead of being used for target practice by a superior striker? Makes no sense to me.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote