MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - >> Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TISGBA View Post
Well, I wasn't aiming for a complex fight breakdown initially so I think it's wrong to complain about that.

Having said that, the reason I say KO is that I think a -lucky- punch when Andersons guard is relaxed could be an exploitation that Jones would probably figure out (as is the case with almost EVERY fight). Just because Jones hasn't shown KO power doesn't mean he doesn't have it so it's your opinion is as speculative as mine.

On the topic of ground fight they both have long slender limbs so technique and experience will be a key factor here which I would give to Anderson. BUT, Jones can pull amazing escapes like the arm-bar with Vitor. Anderson's ground control is excellent, one of the best, he waits for an opportunity and can exploit it. If Jones makes 1 mistake on the ground then Silva will win. Otherwise it's pretty even.

This is what makes this fight extremely interesting, the match up is great.
I wasn't the one that brought up poor 1st post. But I did agree. I was just pointing out 1 reason why I didn't think it was a good post. Also I don't get how you can predict that Jones will find a way to time a "lucky punch", If he specifically sets up the strike then how is it "lucky"?
I also disagree that Anderson's technique had much to do with getting out of the armbar. I'm part of the camp that believes Vitor let up(his words).
OU is offline   Reply With Quote