MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Should Bonnar Take Silva Down?

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
BrutalKO
Lightweight

BrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By All
...Conventional wisdom would say yes because of the size and power issue but Anderson is hands down one of the best at fighting off of his back as well. His ground defense at Silva/Sonnen II was outstanding. Anderson's TDD has improved as well. At 205, Silva's 2 fights have demonstrated his bigger punching power with no affect on his timing. I think Bonnar may go for a takedown because of his solid BJJ game to try and mix it up but I think once Bonner eats a few hard jabs, he's gonna go into brawl mode which plays right into Silva's game. Will Anderson repeat the matrix-type of performance like he turned out against Griffin? Hard to say. Bonnar admits he'll eat a few to give a few. Maybe not a good idea to eat a few of Anderson's at 205. I think Bonnar will make a good fight win or lose...
BrutalKO is offline   Reply With Quote