MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Stapler
Super Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
It was a little annoying how people seemed to think Davis got lucky in their first fight. The fight lasted about what, 30 seconds? I think we've all learned in MMA that the first 30 seconds of a fight usually doesn't give us a solid idea on the outcome. You know, unless the fight only lasts about 30 seconds. =P It takes a lot of fighters a few minutes to gain composure and display their rhythm.

Davis was right, there was plenty of time for wrestling, and just because he didn't look very good for half of a minute, it didn't mean that the fight was going to go Prado's way. Davis looked extremely uncomfortable on the feet, but he wasn't hurt or anything, who knows how Prado would have dealt with his wrestling once he decided to start using it. I'm not saying Davis would have won or lost, but it was all pure speculation on how the fight would have went. Sonnen saying "If you're a Davis fan, it's good that the fight ended when it did." or whatever wasn't exactly true in my opinion, and I'm a Sonnen fan. Too much to speculate on to give an accurate statement on how the fight would have went if it didn't end when it did. It was just too early in the fight and I don't think it should be over thought. I'm not arguing in either guys favor. Prado was looking better, but he was looking better just a few seconds into the fight so .. That doesn't tell me very much.

That being said, I think Davis will probably win this, but I don't know enough about Prado to really give a good prediction here. I haven't listened to the hype of Davis much. I think he's a decent fighter and all with good wrestling and athleticism, but he's got a lot of holes in his game. Prado is a mystery to me and that can be dangerous when making a fight prediction. He could surprise me.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia

Last edited by Stapler : 10-10-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote