MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is Paul Heyman starting early negotiations to bring Brock Lesnar back to the UFC?

View Single Post

Old 10-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
MagiK11
Resident Drunk
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings System
To the OP. In the future if you post an article, please put the text of the article in quotes, and simply list the source, so members on here don't have to go to another site to read the article. Makes it easier for us and mods alike. Anyways, welcome to the board.

Quote:
"I make of it that Dana White is a businessman and he understands that the pay-per-view numbers that Brock Lesnar can pull in, and he is sitting there saying, 'I want a piece of that action,' and I don't blame Dana White. Hey listen, do you think if Brock Lesnar went to the NBA right now and said I can dunk a basketball want to put me on a team? What team is gonna say no? No, we don't want the ratings you could bring in Brock, we don't want the numbers you could draw. You think if Brock Lesnar could hit a baseball out of a park, the New York Yankees or the Boston Red Sox, or the Minnesota Twins wouldn't put him on the roster to hit that ball out the ballpark? Of course they would. Dana White knows Brock Lesnar can turn the Octagon into the Brocktagon any time that he wants, and his pay-per-view numbers are gonna go up, up, and up with Brock Lesnar. Why wouldn't Dana White want Brock Lesnar back." -Paul Heyman via The Score

At the UFC on Fuel TV 5 open media workouts UFC president Dana White announced that if former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar was interested in coming back to the UFC he would gladly welcome him back with open arms.

The former WWE superstar, used to be one of the biggest pay-per-view draws in the UFC, routinely pulling in over a million pay-per-views buys at events he headlined, with his biggest number coming at UFC 100 in a rematch with Frank Mir when he pulled in over 1.5 million buys.

Lesnar unexpectedly retired from mixed martial arts late in 2011 at UFC 141, following a disappointing first round TKO loss to former Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem.

Since then, Lesnar went on to sign a 1-year deal with the WWE, where he would play the role of a mixed martial artist in the WWE.

Throughout his recent sting in the WWE, Lesnar has constantly proclaim he is tired of the pro wrestling world, and wants to come back to mixed martial arts.

Could Heyman be doing a little early press negotiating?

We'll keep you posted on the latest as this story develops.
Source

1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
MagiK11 is offline   Reply With Quote