MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 16 discussion

View Single Post

Old 10-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
Stapler
Super Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
A bit of a late response on Alvey vs. Rivera. I admit I sort of expected too much out of Alvey after a single fight on the show.

One question surfaces for me. I don't understand White's reason for picking Alvey to beat Rivera easily. He based his pick off of their first fights. Alvey had a quick one punch knock out while Rivera won a grinder, so White assumed Alvey would walk through Rivera. Why? Completely different fights and Dana should know by now that quick knock out artists have been known to flop big time in the UFC once they actually face adversity. Not that Alvey is just a knock out artist, but White seemed to base his prediction off that one fight so he might as well be. Just a weird prediction by Dana White in my opinion. I picked Alvey to win too, but not because he looked more impressive in one fight that was a completely different kind of fight, and I wasn't thinking that it was an easy pick either.

That being said, I was disappointed with Sam's performance. He had the same stance in his first fight on the show, but I figured he stood like that because it was still early into round one. In his fight against Rivera, he had the same exact stance and he didn't seem to change it much even after Joey was clearly winning on the score cards. Sam just stood straight up and was throwing one punch at a time looking for that knock out. Not sure if he was being lazy, or if that's just how he fights. If so, this guy needs to learn some footwork.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote