MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Excited for Gunnar Nelson

View Single Post

Old 10-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
The question is who will neutralise his grappling and out strike/wrestle him?

It's a bit like the Maia entrance to the UFC where he looked like he'd sub anyone but once these grapplers strart fighting top 10 guys everything changes. Let's be honest, Demarcus Johnson was never really up to the challenge.

I know he's back at LW but imagine Gunnar vs Nate Diaz
I think his grappling is not something to be too concerned about. I think it's more his striking. So far only Machida went to the top with that low guard in and out Karate striking approach. Nelson has yet to prove that he's able to hang with good MMA strikers. What's good for him in that regard is his calm attitude, so he will not as likely do mistakes when under pressure. But we will see how he does in the future. He's definitely an interesting prospect.