MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What game(s) are you playing?

View Single Post

Old 10-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #1835 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
As far as I'm concerned, Metal Gear Solid 1 is the greatest video game ever made.

It came out all of them years ago and I still remember my first play through like it was yesterday (I really do remember the experience that vividly). Metal Gear 1 was a revolutionary game and invented the modern day stealth genre. It was a game way ahead of its time with the perfect blend of game play and incredible story telling. I remember that first play through when I was like 12 years old and I was absolutely blown away.
Yeah I was probably about 7 or 8 when it came out. It's so playable even now. I was playing with the full non HD remake graphics and it was still very strategic. Rex was difficult, there were loads of easter eggs, the snow footprints etc. MGS 1 has more content than half the games out today.

Do you actually mean Metal Gear 1? I'm not sure if the storytelling was even intended in the originals. I think it was a "Big Boss is bad, Snake is good" kind of deal. I didnt play them though. When they reference that a legendary warrior, Grey Fox, was kidnapped and you, a rookie agent, must rescue him, it does sound pretty intriguing, but I dont think the whole clone army and geonome soldiers concepts were even put in place until MGS1. I think it was just an amazing advancement in storytelling which allowed them to use everything from MG1&2 and still keep them cannon to the storyline (and one of the most pivotal moments).

The Solid Snake Simulation project was INSANE. MGS 2 just felt like it was following a generic MGS pattern, but when they revealed that the pattern was intended, and that the events that took place were simulated for Raiden to become as great a soldier as Snake (who was designed to become as great a soldier as Big Boss), it was CRAZY. SOOOO complex.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote