MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Glover Teixeira vs. Fabio Maldonado Tread

View Single Post

Old 10-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #116 (permalink)
Stapler
Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
Glover's stand up looked really good at the start of the fight. He was clipping Fabio easily and even dropped him. Just shows that hitting someone a thousand times in the face can tire out your arms.

Anyways, anyone notice how biased Rogan seemed in favor of Fabio? Teixeira dropped him early in round one and Rogan barely reacted, and as he's ground and pounding Fabio's face into the mat basically, Mike is the only one who seems to be reacting a lot toward it. It seems like other fights where something even less brutal is happening, Rogan's eating it up and overreacting.

Then when Fabio hits Glover flush once, Rogan's all over it and screaming like Glover got dropped. I just watched the punch and Glover didn't seem that hurt at all in my opinion. He seemed to slow his offense after that, but he wasn't on super wobbly legs or anything. Rogan acted like he was in survival mode and trying to just make it to the end of the round, but if you watch the fight without listening to Rogan, it doesn't look that way at all. Teixeira looked fine, he took a hard punch and didn't even really get knocked back much. I'm sure he was rocked a little, but that's probably the extent of it.

Funny how biased Rogan's reactions can be sometimes. "OH MY GOD TEIXEIRAS HURT! HE IS HURT MIKE! OH MY GOD IF FABIO CAN JUST FOLLOW UP BLAH BLAH" "Okay.. Teixeira drops Fabio.... He's hitting him with a lot of punches now.. hmm.." (paraphrasing, but you get the idea.) The commentary seemed cringe worthy in the first round to me.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia

Last edited by Stapler : 10-14-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote