MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Erick Silva, how good is that "kid" and can be beat GSP ?

View Single Post

Old 10-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #64 (permalink)
zath the champ
Flyweight

zath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
IF Silva is smart, he'll use this loss to show him the things he needs to work on and come back stronger.

IMO he took Fitch too lightly and paid the price.
The more I think about this fight, the more I think this was just a terrible stylistic match up for Silva.

At first the commentary got the better of me, and I was thinking he just didn't respect Fitch.

Re-watching the fight, and previous ones, there weren't many ways Silva won this.

Alves vs. Fitch - striking defense
GSP vs. Fitch - cardio and ability to absorb damage (heart)
Penn vs. Fitch - taking the back will not lead to a sub (relentless work from guard)

Outside of the flash KO and GSP mauling, Fitch is just too much for most WWs and has the record to prove it.

His ability to control where the fight takes place and insane cardio mixed with amazing sub defense and wrestling background just don't match up well to...hell...anyone not named GSP.

We saw Silva land heavy strikes and take dominate positions (RNC should have sealed the deal) to virtually no effect. Fitch never let up and stayed with the game-plan.

Silva may be able to best Fitch in a future re-match, but he will be more successful against the rest of the division.

Instead of thinking Silva didn't respect Fitch enough, I'm left wondering if it was the fans who didn't instead. :/
Wandy
Velasquez

Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones is the best match-up the UFC has ever been able to arrange. Here's to hoping it goes down.
zath the champ is offline   Reply With Quote