MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Just me? Ready to see Silva get finished.

View Single Post

Old 10-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #59 (permalink)
rabakill
Light Heavyweight

rabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
I can agree with most of what you've written, but I wouldn't say that Okami got tricked. Okami tried to wrestle Silva down against the cage at the beginning of their fight, but was convinced by a couple of Silva's knees to the ribcage that it's no fun to be in that distance with Silva. So he rather was forced to try the stand up game.
I see what you mean, but he most definitely got tricked. Anderson lulled him into going jab for jab, Okami could have tried to get Anderson to kick, could have tried weighing him down but went with the worst strategy of standing right in front of Anderson. Sure the knees probably sucked, but a smart fighter would have known to keep trying instead of trying to stand flatfooted and boxing with him.
rabakill is offline   Reply With Quote