MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jake Shields suspended for six months

View Single Post

Old 10-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #33 (permalink)
AlphaDawg
Super Heavyweight

AlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By All
I thought it was odd how the fight wasn't ruled a no contest, but it looks like it was.

Quote:
Jake Shields win at UFC 150 now ruled a no-contest!

The Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies’ boxing commission confirms a six-month suspension for Jake Shields, who announced this past Friday that he tested positive for a banned substance.

Jake Shields defeated Ed Herman at UFC 150 on Aug. 11, 2012 in his return to the middleweight division. His win has now been changed to a no-contest and Shields was fined $5000 for violating Colorado statutes on prohibited substances. He also is suspended for six months retroactive to Aug. 11, 2012.

“This was a mistake that I fully regret,” Shields said in a prepared statement this past week. “I have shared this issue with my family and the UFC, and I have apologized to them, and now I also apologize to you, the fans. I promise this will never occur again in my fighting career.

“I accept the boxing commission’s decision for a six-month suspension, which will expire in February. I ask that you accept my apology. I will be back fighting soon, and hope that the fans of MMA will support me until that time.”
I'm still curious to what it even was.

Last edited by AlphaDawg : 10-16-2012 at 02:25 AM.
AlphaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote