MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 152 is done with, we all know what's next! (Bandwagon inside)

View Single Post

Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #67 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Megaweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Oh wow you predicted Anderson would keep it standing and KO the hell out of a mid-tier like Bonnar, you should apply for your psychic license Nostradamus.

No, I said he shouldnt grapple, which you are protesting, even though it was already proved to have disasterous results, so...I mean...how can you be right?

Everyone knew most likely Bonnar would lose. Everyone knew most likely he'd lose badly if he tried to stand. Everyone knew he'd most likely lose badly if he tried to grapple. That's not a prediction genius, that's obvious. This is Anderson Silva we're talking about!

What's not obvious is that brawling would somehow be better than grappling as you suggest. History indicates that it isn't, it's much worse and based on current fight statistics on Anderson has oh say ... 0% chance of succeeding. As compared to grappling with him, which has an almost 10% success rate.

Grappling had close to zero chance of being effective. It's a match of skills, where Anderson is greater. Brawling doesnt have a skillset, and anyone can get KOed by an unexpected punch.

Anderson's never been dragged into a scrappy war you say? Forrest and Leben tried and they looked like morons for their trouble. Bonnar would have tried and looked worse. The same Forrest that beat your amazing brawler at brawling. Bonnar's brawling intentions would mean squat, Anderson would just have thrown that knee in the first 10 secs, and probably clowned his slow brawling in the 9 secs leading up to it. It's not like he didn't just STAND AGAINST THE CAGE WITH HIS HANDS DOWN AND LET BONNAR BRAWL anyway now did he?

Forrest refused to throw punches at Anderson when baited, so he obviously didnt want a war. Bonnar did look far worse. He didnt come forward and keep his "warrior scrapper" title like Leben did. He tried to grapple and got made a fool of for his troubles. Anderson wouldnt have thrown the knee because Anderson was trying to clown him because of the grappling. Anderson would have faught at range and broke him to pieces, but Bonnar tried to make it a nasty and clinchy fight so Anderson thought "Fine then, if thats how you want it to be...". Bonnar didnt brawl him against the cage, He stood at a stupid distance because he was scared to throw. Anderson forced him to throw, but expected every shot. If Bonnar had just been in a kill or be killed attitude, theres a slightly higher chance he would have landed a hail mary shot.

Of course Bonnar's the pilot in the analogy, he's a trained fighter (like a trained pilot?) in a bad situation (engine failure / unbeatable opponent etc.). The best he can do is take the smart path and use the best area of his training in this bad spot, which has shown statistical success in the past (landing a plane with a bad engine etc.), rather than throw it all out the window and "get psycho" because some farmer hick on the ground wants to see a guy go *SPLAT* and possibly make it alive. When in the past all that's ever happened with that approach is the splat part.

Pilots dictate where the plane is going to be. I wouldnt consider Bonnar anything close to a pilot in a grappling fight with Anderson.

My apologies for not tailoring my analogy for lower IQs though, how inconsiderate of me.

For a guy on an MMA forum, you're so passive aggressive. You always throw a gay little ending line when disucssing something with someone. How about you just get your point across and not debate like a teenage girl?
^All of this.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points