MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Silva has no intention of fighting Weidman

View Single Post

Old 10-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Vale_Tudo
Gracie Hunter

Vale_Tudo Is Beloved By AllVale_Tudo Is Beloved By AllVale_Tudo Is Beloved By AllVale_Tudo Is Beloved By AllVale_Tudo Is Beloved By AllVale_Tudo Is Beloved By AllVale_Tudo Is Beloved By AllVale_Tudo Is Beloved By AllVale_Tudo Is Beloved By AllVale_Tudo Is Beloved By AllVale_Tudo Is Beloved By All
Silva has no intention of fighting Weidman

[url="http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/427874/Silva-has-no-intention-of-fighting-Weidman/"]

Quote:
‘I think all athletes in this division will get their opportunity in going for the title. I don't have any intention of fighting with him (Wiedman). I still think he has a lot to do in the UFC. I am in a comfortable position and I am no longer a child, I am 37 years old, he's a kid that is starting.

Obviously, this might happen, but, I have two fights on my contract and I think one of them will be with St. Pierre and I don't really have an intention in fighting with him (Weidman) because I'm not a fool. I'm already an oldie, you know?'
Unless there's something lost in translation here I say Silva gives up that MW belt today. WTF is this shit. Guys left and right now wanting to fight this guy or that guy.
If you are the champion of your weight division, you defend the belt against the number one contender. You do not get to pick and choose your opponent.
This is turning into Boxing.

Unless your next fight is for the middleweight belt against whoever the UFC says is the number one contender, you hand that belt over to Dana and move either up or down and fight for those belts.

Oh, and it sound like your ducking every single time you do one of these interviews.