MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Silva has no intention of fighting Weidman

View Single Post

Old 10-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Iuanes
Featherweight

Iuanes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeIuanes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeIuanes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeIuanes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeIuanes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeIuanes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeIuanes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeIuanes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeIuanes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeIuanes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeIuanes Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:

Unless there's something lost in translation here I say Silva gives up that MW belt today.
Your'e right there is. Let me try help you out, my Portuguese is a little rusty but I'll give it a whirl.

‘I think all athletes in this division will get their opportunity in going for the title.
There's a lot of people who want a shot at me, and might be more deserving than you, so chill out

I don't have any intention of fighting with him (Wiedman). I still think he has a lot to do in the UFC
He hasn't done enough to earn a shot at me.

I am in a comfortable position and I am no longer a child, I am 37 years old, he's a kid that is starting
I'm his senior and I don't really think much of his accomplishments so far.

Obviously, this might happen, but, I have two fights on my contract and I think one of them will be with St. Pierre and I don't really have an intention in fighting with him (Weidman) because I'm not a fool. I'm already an oldie, you know?"
I only have a few fights left in my career and I'm not going to pass up a monumental payday to fight a guy who's best win is Mark Munoz.
Iuanes is offline   Reply With Quote