MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Silva has no intention of fighting Weidman

View Single Post

Old 10-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Iuanes
Featherweight

Iuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A Baller
Quote:

Unless there's something lost in translation here I say Silva gives up that MW belt today.
Your'e right there is. Let me try help you out, my Portuguese is a little rusty but I'll give it a whirl.

‘I think all athletes in this division will get their opportunity in going for the title.
There's a lot of people who want a shot at me, and might be more deserving than you, so chill out

I don't have any intention of fighting with him (Wiedman). I still think he has a lot to do in the UFC
He hasn't done enough to earn a shot at me.

I am in a comfortable position and I am no longer a child, I am 37 years old, he's a kid that is starting
I'm his senior and I don't really think much of his accomplishments so far.

Obviously, this might happen, but, I have two fights on my contract and I think one of them will be with St. Pierre and I don't really have an intention in fighting with him (Weidman) because I'm not a fool. I'm already an oldie, you know?"
I only have a few fights left in my career and I'm not going to pass up a monumental payday to fight a guy who's best win is Mark Munoz.
Iuanes is offline   Reply With Quote