MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson wants GSP, says he's semi-retired...but is fighting for 5 more years.

View Single Post

Old 10-17-2012, 02:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
El Bresko
....Omar Comin'

El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
I have no idea why most people are against Silva fighting GSp. I remember 2-3 years ago ,and after the first chael fight when the GSP train was rolling people heavily favor GSP in a Silva fight. I'm sure if he beats condit like he has every other WW the train will start up again.
People have finally realised what I was saying all along, his TDD is very underrated, it makes the fight with Georges seem a lot easier for Andy now that he's stuffed Chael when healthy. People didn't believe the rib injury, claimed Chael was the king, Anderson came in healthy and destroyed him.

That coupled with GSP's injury and the plethora of contenders at 170 make it a harder sell nowadays. I do agree though, I think if GSP dominates Condit the talk will start again, he just hasn't fought in so long and everything he's been doing is so underwhelming (failing to tap Dan Hardy, shit fight with Shields) whereas Anderson has been looking better than ever.

I'd like to see Andy beat Bones and GSP and I think he can do it, I really hope he changes his mind, I mean it's not the first time he's said one thing and changed his mind later on.

Diaz V Andy would be cool but it would be pretty short, there's no threat of a TD and Nick would come at him looking like Leben did in Andy's debut.

El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote