MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Luger's Training program
View Single Post
post #212 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Day - Four
Jeff had us jogging for about half-hour inside tonight due to cooler weather.

I did 5 laps with 5 burpees in between the laps.
I held back a bit due to some pain in my left achiles.
I am dealing with issues in my back again, so it'll be touch and go for awhile.

After this the usual crunch and pushup circut:
Prior to the gym I had done 2 sets of 45 pushups, this probably didn't allow me to go all out in the drill.

I probably hit close to 70. For the crunches I had 60,60,50,80.

After this we worked on slipping, bobbing, weaving, a rotational twist from the boxer's stance, lunges, and squats for 15 minutes @ 30 second swaps for 5 minutes @ a time.

Once done with that we worked on a variety of drills:
Interception of a jab & straight right.
Slipping a jab with counter right hook
Slipping a straight right via a weave with counter left hook to body or head.

I was partnered with a young kid who told me he weighs 215 pounds. I wasn't intending to throw the counter right hook to the body nearly as hard as I was, from what I could tell the blows were driving his elbow into the side. I threw about 10 shots...then withdrew the power.

After this variety drill we had open striking for 5x5 minute rounds.

I was game to help the younger boxers with mitt work. I helped this kid named dominic: he lacked a little fluidity in his form, but once he got going he was stringing together 3 & 4 count combos.

After I was done with him, I helped out the partner who I'd worked with during that variety drill.

I don't know why he was more composed during the mitt session than the previous drill...but he was throwing some nice strikes.

I will be heading back friday and saturday.

I'll try to be logging my diet as well from today on:
breakfast at 10am 2 eggs scrambled with a crumbled piece of bacon with a pint of milk.
noon: a pint of milk with protein powder, and an apple.
3pm: a berry smoothie store-bought, a can of chef boyardee pasta, and a 2-pint protein drink with milk.
4pm: on the way to the gym, a 2 pint mix of water and my preworkout supplement.
during workout: 1.5 liters of water
post-workout: a 2 pint mix of milk and powder.
dinner @ 10:30 pm: a scramble of 6 eggs, half a onion minced & sauteed with herb-blend, half a green bell pepper, and 4 slices of bacon crumbled.

I have taken in roughly 179g of protein, 4.3g of potassium, not sure on the carbs, and roughly 3,000 calories.

Throughout life there are bumps along the way some may be painful...others not...who gives a damn in the end you'll still die
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome