MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator FC 77: Magomed Saadulaev vs Dave Jansen

View Single Post

Old 10-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
dudeabides
Gabba Gabba Hey

dudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchable
Quote:
Dave Jansen spoils Magomed Saadulaev's debut

WEC vet Dave Jansen wasn't about to provide Magomed Saadulaev with his first piece of highlight footage.

After getting a run for his money on the ground in the first, Jansen capitalized on the Russian's mistake and earned a third-round submission.

Saadulaev put Jansen on the mat early in the first after distracting with big kicks. Jansen reversed, but after a nifty scramble, Saadulaev was at his back. Initiating his own scramble, he repaired to his feet, where Saadulaev baited him by closing distance with his hands at his hips.

Jansen sniped away with strikes in the second as Saadulaev looked to clinch. The two separated, and the Russian continued to walk in with his hands at his sides. Jansen caught him napping and nabbed a takedown. There, he punished Saadulaev from up top with big shots, putting the round solidly in his favor.

An early clinch kicked off the third round. But perhaps tired from the shellacking he took in the second, Saadulaev left his neck exposed with a takedown attempt and fell straight into an arm-in guillotine. The tap came at the 0:41 mark of the third.

"It's a little slow start," Jansen said afterward. "It took me a little while to wake up. I'm glad I got to get it together there at the end."

With is first tourney triumph, Jansen (18-2 MMA, 4-0 BFC) has now won four straight under the Bellator banner while Saadulaev (14-2 MMA, 0-1 BFC) notches just the second setback of his pro career.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/31214/bellator-77-results.mma

Nobody F's with the Jesus
(Sig by Killz cause of boatoar)
FFL: Silva, Silva, Nogueira, Nogueira & Franklin
dudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote