MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Weidman - Are the bandwagons a bit premature?

View Single Post

Old 10-21-2012, 02:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
zath the champ
Flyweight

zath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of light
Weidman - Are the bandwagons a bit premature?

Hello All,

I was re-watching all of Chris' fights in the UFC so far tonight. After each fight, I kept thinking his chances of actually beating Silva (and hell, maybe even Tim) are very slim.

I think the main reason he has so much hype stems from one fight: Munoz. Thing is, that match-up had so little standup exchanges, it feels like people are forgetting that he barely won an SD over Maia and was tagged all 3 rounds by a very rudimentary (compared to Silva) striker.

He has been tagged hard in every one of his fights except against Mark. That will not fly in a fight with Silva.

He has great control if a take down is successful.

But, Weidman's striking and striking defense are nowhere near where they need to be to exchange with Silva. He leaves his hands lower than they should be. He throws with a ton of commitment and comes forward with his chin down.

For a counter-striker as gifted as Silva, this would just be target practice on the feet.

Can Anderson be taken down and controlled? Yes; but over the course of 25 mins, I'm confident Silva would score the TKO/KO.

What do ya think? Am I way off base here?
Wandy
Velasquez

Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones is the best match-up the UFC has ever been able to arrange. Here's to hoping it goes down.
zath the champ is offline   Reply With Quote