MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Support the right to own firearms

View Single Post

Old 10-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
americanfighter
MMA Patriot

americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
You realize that that is not a common situation right? Most break ins are performed by a single person. If it's a group they tend to go in armed because they are used to subduing the people inside while they ransack the place. You fire 2 or 3 shots - in the dark at vague shapes - and maybe you you scare them off or maybe you turn robbers into murderers when they fire back or maybe you just panicked and shot your wife in the dark.

It's not a clear cut issue. Most fatal gunshot wounds in the home are done by a gun owner to one of the other people living in the house.

Honestly - for most - having a gun in the house for protection is a power fantasy. In their head they see themselves skillfully retrieving it from it's secured location and gunning down the burglar in action movie fantasy. Reality is different. Most people in this situation are shaking so badly that they couldn't hit Rosie O'Donnel if they had bacon wrapped around the barrel

But that in and of itself serves a purpose. A gun's most extreme benefit is saving your life but most likely it will never have to do so. What it does do well is provide peace of mind. It makes the owner feel secure*.

*Note: This blanket statement does not include paranoid gun nuts. If you believe that the governments and squirrels are working together to make America a Communist state nothing will make you feel secure. Not even
those nice young men in white coats who bring you your pills every day at 3.
well one has saved my life only had to show in no use it on the street. Guns on my night stand in a lockbox not hard to get to. Also I have a history of competative tactical shooting. Takes much more skill to use a sword or knife. And like I said before at this time I walk with a cane (because I had a stroke) and could not defend my family or myself.within the equilizer for the handicap and the weak. with anything less than a gun it is nessacy for people like me if I am to defendmyself It's important to be safe with a gun and have a plan in such a situation (so you know where your famly is) but when you do it usually work fine.