MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Support the right to own firearms

View Single Post

Old 10-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
americanfighter
MMA Patriot

americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Easily. Don't go to Haiti.

We understand your point but some of your examples are seriously weird. Pull back a bit. Wild highly improbably scenarios are bad form in debate. Realism and highest probability of occurrence are your friend. This isn't a presidential debate - we want logic and discourse.

I've done extensive CQC training. A knife is easier to learn to use effectively. Hands down. There are far fewer variables, fewer skills, and fewer habits that must be learned to use them properly. Knives also require very little in the way of physical ability to use. That's why they are so widespread and have been so through history. My grandmother could fatally stab a guy because the knife does all the work.

And your assumption about the rule of 27 feet is flawed. You assume that you will always have the gun drawn and pointed at them before they notice you. Why make this assumption? It's a bad one to make. Emergency plans always have to be made with the worst scenario in mind. In this case the worst scenario is that the robber notices you first.
L More commonly you will notice each other at roughly the same time in which case the 27 feet rule does apply.

And - let me repeat this so you will stop making the comments to me - I am not against gun ownership. I am not trying to take anyone's guns away. I am not trying to convince anyone that guns are bad. I am merely
presenting a different side to the argument.

Personally - in home defense - I would rather have the snap baton that sits next to my bed than a gun but I have training in using a baton. I've
fired a gun once 14 years ago. I just don't really care for guns. Personal preference.
My senerios are not crazy the happen everyday people get robbed. It happens all the time. You don't have to be in a bad end of town. Ihave had had friends and myself on the receiving end but got away when the rober saw we had a gun.

You have to remember criminal are for the coward like bullies. The prey
on the defenseless crippled, old men, young women, guys like you are not a target like they are and they cand defend themselves with a batton or are trained in cqc.