MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Support the right to own firearms

View Single Post

Old 10-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
I dont say get rid of guns. Firing ranges, police situations etc. Hunting or whatever. But a gun for protection? You know how many gang members have bought their gun and claim it's for "protection"? Most guns are registered down the line. Trace your guns, you'll cut out a huge percentage.
The government would never put in the money it takes to trace down every single gun people own in America and then retrieve them, there are millions of them, it would never happen, which is one of the big reasons why guns will never be banned.

More importantly, let's say the government did try to trace and retrieve them, how many people are going to say "yeah here you go, here's the gun"? Certainly 0 criminals, 0 gun enthusiasts, and a large portion of the general population who simply have to say "I don't have it anymore, sorry".

Most of the guns in the country would still be here in the country, and the ones that are taken would simply be resupplied by the black market, criminals would get their guns from there instead of the legal shops, it would not stop, prevent, or hurt criminals getting guns on any level to ban them, it would only make legitimate gun owners commit a crime of lying to the authority so they can keep their gun.

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"
"You do not know the first note of the music that moves me."
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote