MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Support the right to own firearms

View Single Post

Old 10-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #38 (permalink)
M.C
-AUTHORITAH-

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Next time I get stopped for having a bit of weed on me, I should just say "I dont have any weed, sorry".

I know the govenment will never do it, but isnt that kind of the point of the thread? If you reference the black market, everything should be legal. Stealing a TV right out of the store should be legal because Ive got a mate who sells some. Black market is much more rare than the 'market'. There are people who want a handgun, so they go and buy one. People not connection to any criminal activies or anything. If buying a gun were illegal, the people with no criminal connection would have no way to get one. It's like people who have never come across drugs or drug use. You see it all around you if you know some people into them, but if you dont then they almost dont seem to exist.

It will never happen, but countries where guns are illegal have less gun crimes...obviously.
You should say that, unless they smell it or there's reason to search, you can get away with saying "no I don't have it", do you realize how many people do this for...everything, and get away with it?

Criminals will get guns via the black market, they are criminals. They will go out of their way to secure guns for themselves, this is a fact. So, closing down legal gun shops prevent non-criminals (people who don't harm others, thus not presenting a problem owning one) from getting new ones (over a million people in America own them already) and how does this stop criminals who will get them easily via illegal means if this were to happen?

Your proposition basically states "close down legal gun shops so non-criminals can't buy them" which makes no sense as there's no reason to do this, then not proposing any solution to criminals getting guns, because criminals will get them weather the are legal or not, it's not going to slow them down, all it means is that instead of buying it in a store, they'll buy it from the guy in the house down the street who wants to make a quick buck, or from one of the underground markets for them (which would grow substantially because now they are in high demand), which in return would actually be creating MORE crime.

Your argument isn't making any sense towards stopping criminals getting guns.

Click Images Above
M.C is online now   Reply With Quote