MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Support the right to own firearms

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #40 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
You have THE most trusting cops on the planet. "Do you have weed?", "No", "We'll I've heard everything I need to hear, now run along sir".

So basically, you're theory is having a gun prevents people from shooting you? Heres a house breaking scenario:-

Someone enters your house with a gun. You go down strairs with a knife. His back is turned. You stab him.

Someone enters your house with a gun. You go down stairs with your gun. His back is turned. You shoot him.

Someone enters your house with a gun. You go down stairs with a knife. He sees you. He shoots you.

Someone enters your house with a gun. You go down stairs with a gun. He sees you. He shoots you.

In summary, unless you are trained with a gun, you've got a 50/50 chance of shooting first (probably less if the criminal is experienced). You have just as must chance of using a knife and getting the same success. If you are trained with the gun, then in any scenario you will be allowed to have access to one.
If you have weed in your pocket and your stoned out of your mind, he's probably going to do a quick search. 99% of the time you would get asked this question if high while driving, in which case no, cops don't search your car for a bag of weed unless they are extremely bored, if you say no you don't have anything on you, you have a 99% chance of not getting caught so long as you don't have a big bag of weed in your pocket.

When did I say that a gun prevents people from shooting you? Please find a post of mine that even remotely mentions that. I said that you cannot on any level prevent criminals from getting guns, even if you make them illegal, it's 100% impossible in America, there are far too many guns in the hands of the public and you can already get illegal guns all over the place, if they became illegal to own in general the illegal gun market would drastically rise, and criminals would still get illegal guns very, very easily.

You haven't proposed a single, tiny argument that can withstand scrutiny about how to prevent criminals from getting guns and killing people. "Ban guns" Doesn't solve the problem, on any level. You would have to come up with something far more complex and detailed than that to even start gun prevention in America, much less actually prevent it.

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"
"You do not know the first note of the music that moves me."
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote