MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Support the right to own firearms

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #42 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
I was going to quote how American cops were supposed to be so strict and how in Ireland you will always get searched if they suspect you, but then you mentioned being bored. I got stopped by the cops the other night when I was walking home pissed on a Tuuesday. They asked if I had taken any drugs, and I was like "On a tuesday night? Who takes drugs on a tuesday night?". I swear they only pulled me over cause they were bored and thought a conversation with a drunk guy would amuse them for a few minutes.

They wouldnt just say "TAKE AMERICAS GUNS!!!!!". It would start small, which I believe it is already. They start with small towns and spread it around a state. That way it is much more managable. I dont think they are getting rid of guns but instead being very strict with gun liscensing, and removing guns from people who dont have the correct liscence + a big fine. I mean that guy can go out and get another, but it's not an infinite source, and eventually they wont be able to get one. You start with making sure gun shops follow proper proceedures. I imagine America is crazy strict with it's border so gun importation wont be that high. Manufacturers sell to reliable sources and not to Joe on the streets. I mean it wont help everything but every gun out of someones hands is a potential life saved from a criminal activity.

I havent solved the world's issues in gun crime? Damn, I think I should step down as president then. I'm just saying that having a gun for protection doesnt even out a criminal having a gun. People say they need a gun to protect themselves and their family, but anywhere inb the world I feel confident in my ability to do that without having a gun.
Cops indeed do get bored and mess with you for no reason. I saw a cop stop a guy for jaywalking when the roads had no traffic on them and he was like 15 feet from a crosswalk.

If you are just trying to say that owning a gun doesn't necessarily keep you and your family safe from criminals with guns, then I agree. However, you choosing (or being forced) to not have a gun doesn't make it anymore safe, and wouldn't do any good or serve any purpose. Have a gun, don't have a gun, criminals are going to break into your house with guns, weather those guns are legal or not.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin

*READ/IMPORTANT*
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote