MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans vs. Lil' Nog set for Superbowl Weekend?

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
prolyfic
Bantamweight

prolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
It is hilarious when fans are more worried than the fighters.

So much to lose? He just got his ass whooped in a title shot. What exactly does he have to lose? He is getting a bone here. What is there to lose?

Fighters should never fight a lower ranked fighter? Logically how can that work?

This fighting not to lose. And not taking fights with too much to lose mentality has to go. It is so ridiculous and girly.

That said, I don't care for this fight. They seem to just use Nog as a stepping block. Phil and Bader held him down. Rashad will take him down and probably out-work him. I'd rather see fights like Hendo/Nog, Rampage/Nog, or Shogun/Nog 2. Not sure why they don't do any of those. Lil Nog could be an asset for very entertaining fights. But they just feed him stronger wrestlers.
Don't mean that he shouldnt fight or anyone shouldn't fight lower ranked fighters. But Rashad coming off a loss to the Champ, then requesting a fight with Silva at 185...then two weeks later accepting a fight with Lil Nog...that makes no sense. I think the odds on him getting another shot at the title he needs to fight someone that can have him be one or two fights away from a shot. Him fighting lil nog is just a fight. i dont see him moving up for winning. He is getting older and is not as fast as he used to be so he very well could be on the decline. if he is just looking for good fights then great, but if he is trying to get back to the top...I just dont see how this helps that.
and mind of my mind,
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time

MosDef " I against I"
prolyfic is offline   Reply With Quote