MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans vs. Lil' Nog set for Superbowl Weekend?

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by prolyfic View Post
Don't mean that he shouldnt fight or anyone shouldn't fight lower ranked fighters. But Rashad coming off a loss to the Champ, then requesting a fight with Silva at 185...then two weeks later accepting a fight with Lil Nog...that makes no sense. I think the odds on him getting another shot at the title he needs to fight someone that can have him be one or two fights away from a shot. Him fighting lil nog is just a fight. i dont see him moving up for winning. He is getting older and is not as fast as he used to be so he very well could be on the decline. if he is just looking for good fights then great, but if he is trying to get back to the top...I just dont see how this helps that.
If he really truly wanted Anderson he would make the move to 185. He could easily make it. And doubt he is beating Jones anytime soon. If he really wants Anderson make the announcement you are going to 185 and get that fight or have to fight once before he gets it.

Point is, he has no ties with Anderson, and his training partner (Vitor) now looks to be moved to 205. So why wouldn't he go to 185? I don't think he truly wants that fight. The UFC would set that up at 185 in a heartbeat if he did. If Anderson wins it will be awesome. If Rashad wins they may have a true future kingpin at 185 when Anderson steps down.

Rashad isn't getting a shot anytime soon at 205. Sonnen/Bones is what? a half a year away? We have Machida, Hendo, Gustaf. Maybe Tex. Rashad should be in no hurry to get back. He just got dominated for 5 rounds. He should be happy they are giving him a very winnable fight next so he doesn't go 0-2.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote