MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 16 discussion

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #48 (permalink)
Stapler
Super Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
The stand up was ridiculous. The ground and pound was weak, but he was in side control landing elbows.

The second round was a questionable 10-8, but Ellis didn't do anything except be a punching bag. I could understand why it was a 10-8, even though I didn't score it that way. I don't think it would have mattered though, Ellis looked done.

I think that the first round wasn't scored 10-8 in Ellis' favor because Colton was in control at the beginning. (at least from what I remember.) He was tagging Ellis multiple times and when they clinched, he would take Ellis down a couple of times. He was scoring points, and Ellis didn't start to drop him until a little bit later. Ellis may have dominated after the mid point, but because of Colton's success early on, I only scored it 10-9 for Ellis. (You can disagree if you want, just my opinion and how I scored it.) In the second, Ellis didn't have any moments of glory like Colton did in the first. He was just a punching bag getting taken down and pounded on, and getting hit hard standing a few times.

I scored it a draw but either way, like I said, Ellis looked done. I wouldn't have been surprised if Colton had finished him if it went to the third round. I guess you could say Ellis at least deserved that chance to prove us wrong, but that's why you don't leave it in the hands of the judges. Easier said than done, I know.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote