Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Best Nutrition Plan!?!?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  The Don 
#1 ·
I am having a lot of trouble sticking to a diet plan. I go from one thing to another and don't know what is better. Any advice on what I should eat. I don't want to count everything I eat, I just want to know what I should and shouldn't eat to keep myself lean, strong, and healthy. Any ideas!?!?!

#2 ·
I don't really think focussing on a specific food or group of foods is good. My suggestion is, if you are really going to take your training seriously, cut out sodas, candy and any other foods with processed or cane sugar.

It is necessary to have a high protein intake, but not strictly a red meat diet. I suggest having at least some meat at least two meals a day, I prefer lunch and dinner because it's easy to add meat to a sandwich and have some with dinner. Chicken and beef are really the best, so I tend to divide it between these two.

A diet that has a good amount of complex carbs will also help to give you more energy during training. There are some days that I designate as "hard" training days and I do a heavy-carboload before, just like I would before a fight. (On a hard training day I'll usually train from 8am-4pm)

#3 ·
I have no problem not eating candy, soda I"ve pretty much gotten rid of already, but I still got a few more questions. What is in the complex carb group? Is it bad to eat them if it isn't a training day. What about foods like cheese, in moderation or never? Should I worry about eating too many carbs or calories, or can I assume that I burn most of them off while working out or training? Thanks for your help guys!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.