MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Best Nutrition Plan!?!?

View Single Post

Old 08-20-2006, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
I don't really think focussing on a specific food or group of foods is good. My suggestion is, if you are really going to take your training seriously, cut out sodas, candy and any other foods with processed or cane sugar.

It is necessary to have a high protein intake, but not strictly a red meat diet. I suggest having at least some meat at least two meals a day, I prefer lunch and dinner because it's easy to add meat to a sandwich and have some with dinner. Chicken and beef are really the best, so I tend to divide it between these two.

A diet that has a good amount of complex carbs will also help to give you more energy during training. There are some days that I designate as "hard" training days and I do a heavy-carboload before, just like I would before a fight. (On a hard training day I'll usually train from 8am-4pm)

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote