MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Do most mma fighters have terrible footwork?

View Single Post

Old 10-26-2012, 03:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
rabakill
Middleweight

rabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By All
Do most mma fighters have terrible footwork?

Is it just me or is it true that most mma fighters have abysmal footwork, simple concepts like how to move back and forth, side to side and at 45 degree angles seems like something very few mma fighters use.

Seems to me like most guys are taught circle away from the power hand and that's it, I don't know, just thought I noticed a trend of most mma fighters utilizing less than amateur footwork. I don't think that even means you are more likely to be taken down because good footwork means you should be balanced and have fluidity in all movements. Comments? Thoughts? Even a squared wrestling stance could have good movements but most guys just stand there and wait to exchange.
rabakill is offline   Reply With Quote