MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - So..how was Tuf4

View Single Post

Old 04-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Bonnar426
The American Psycho

Bonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor42
I still think it was a bunch of garbage to give them a title shot. Serra got lucky with punching and I dont think he will be a true champ. He will lose the belt very soon. I think having a "television show winner champ" is bad for the sport. You should have to earn your way to a shot, beating respectable opponents along the way (other contenders not comeback people), and then beat the champ to get the belt. Just my opinion but that is how I feel about the whole thing.
Dude, there are other fighter who did a lot less to earn a title shot! For example, Anderson Silva only beat Chris Leban to get a shot at Rich Franklin. Matt Hughes is getting a title shot next and all he did was win a boring decision against Chris Lytle (Same as Serra). Sean Sherk beats Nick Diaz, a man coming off a loss against Joe Riggs and Diego Sanchez, and he is no. 1 contender for the lightweight title. Then we have Randy Couture who was just givin a title shot after coming out of retirement. So how are they different from Matt Serra?

Also, Matt Serra deserves to be the champion wheter you like it or not. He just beat a man who was considered to be the no.1 WW in the world in a very dominating fashion. How is that bad for the sport?

Last edited by Bonnar426 : 04-17-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Bonnar426 is offline   Reply With Quote