MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Matt Hughes defends hunting hobby - " The law and the bible say I can"

View Single Post

Old 10-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
M.C
needs more cowbell

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joabbuac View Post
I dont team up with him....i was joking anyway, I don't really think someone should shoot you.

Anyone who kills for fun is morally corrupt, i don't care if they have also done some good, Jimmy Savile raped kids...but hey, he raised a bunch of money for them too - so its OK right?

No...your General is a corrupt person, no good will change that.
There's a very clear reason why in 2012, when we can go into a store and pick up a wide verity of food (much of which isn't meat) and already hunted/sliced meat so we don't have to do it, we still choose to go out of our way to hunt/fish/kill animals to eat. It's in our nature, it's part of what we do naturally, so much so that even when we have piles of already hunted/killed meat at a store, many of us go kill animals and eat them anyways, it's just part of our nature.

I fish all the time, I cut their heads off, rip their guts out then cook and eat them. I don't do it cause I need food, I have a store nearby that I can buy already set fish/meat/non-meat products, I do it because I get a primal excitement when doing it, when catching fish and bringing it home to eat, it's in our nature, it's part of who we are as a race. When a fish bites your hook, there's a level of excitement that is unique because it comes from your natural instinct to hunt, and I am sure it is probably the same when you land a shot on a legal animal during legal hunting season.