MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Matt Hughes defends hunting hobby - " The law and the bible say I can"

View Single Post

Old 10-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #38 (permalink)
Joabbuac
Middleweight

Joabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
There's a very clear reason why in 2012, when we can go into a store and pick up a wide verity of food (much of which isn't meat) and already hunted/sliced meat so we don't have to do it, we still choose to go out of our way to hunt/fish/kill animals to eat. It's in our nature, it's part of what we do naturally, so much so that even when we have piles of already hunted/killed meat at a store, many of us go kill animals and eat them anyways, it's just part of our nature.

I fish all the time, I cut their heads off, rip their guts out then cook and eat them. I don't do it cause I need food, I have a store nearby that I can buy already set fish/meat/non-meat products, I do it because I get a primal excitement when doing it, when catching fish and bringing it home to eat, it's in our nature, it's part of who we are as a race. When a fish bites your hook, there's a level of excitement that is unique because it comes from your natural instinct to hunt, and I am sure it is probably the same when you land a shot on a legal animal during legal hunting season.

Lets just make it clear i have no problem with hunting, its obviously something that is needed to survive. But you make good points it probably is exciting but so are a lot of things i would consider wrong...

I get a primal excitement from landing punches in training, feels great - but we are both willing - having your fun at the expense of another life will never sit right with me, its not something i would feel right to do myself.

Ive fished...its alright, when you catch something. Put it in your net, count them up at the end then let them go - you get your hunting buzz.