MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Matt Hughes defends hunting hobby - " The law and the bible say I can"

View Single Post

Old 10-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #38 (permalink)
Joabbuac
Light Heavyweight

Joabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
There's a very clear reason why in 2012, when we can go into a store and pick up a wide verity of food (much of which isn't meat) and already hunted/sliced meat so we don't have to do it, we still choose to go out of our way to hunt/fish/kill animals to eat. It's in our nature, it's part of what we do naturally, so much so that even when we have piles of already hunted/killed meat at a store, many of us go kill animals and eat them anyways, it's just part of our nature.

I fish all the time, I cut their heads off, rip their guts out then cook and eat them. I don't do it cause I need food, I have a store nearby that I can buy already set fish/meat/non-meat products, I do it because I get a primal excitement when doing it, when catching fish and bringing it home to eat, it's in our nature, it's part of who we are as a race. When a fish bites your hook, there's a level of excitement that is unique because it comes from your natural instinct to hunt, and I am sure it is probably the same when you land a shot on a legal animal during legal hunting season.

Lets just make it clear i have no problem with hunting, its obviously something that is needed to survive. But you make good points it probably is exciting but so are a lot of things i would consider wrong...

I get a primal excitement from landing punches in training, feels great - but we are both willing - having your fun at the expense of another life will never sit right with me, its not something i would feel right to do myself.

Ive fished...its alright, when you catch something. Put it in your net, count them up at the end then let them go - you get your hunting buzz.