MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Matt Hughes defends hunting hobby - " The law and the bible say I can"

View Single Post

Old 10-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #43 (permalink)
deadmanshand
The Internet Prophet

deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Shutter Island is a great film. It's very thought provoking and much deeper than it appears on the surface - which is just another thriller type film (and a good one at that).

Hunting for the wrong reasons is where to draw the line. As I said earlier, hunting for food or for other ethical issues which affect your well-being is fine and perfectly acceptable.

How ever, any human beings that gain satisfaction from randomly killing animals (not for food) indicates that there is a problem with that persons mind set. It's just wrong.
If you found it thought provoking more power to you. I found it simply boring. Exceedingly well made but nothing particularly thought provoking about it. I don't care for twist ending movies where I can see the ending coming a mile away.

Anyways the article you linked too involved a man hunting, keeping a trophy, and giving the meat to people less fortunate than himself. What is wrong about that?

And, let me address a thought that has popped more than a few times here, a hunter's enjoyment does not come from killing the animal. It is not a pop at the death of it. It is enjoyment of the hunt itself. The experience rather than the kill. Most of the hunters I have known love animals. They respect them.

You guys cannot tell me you honestly believe they are going into the woods solely to pop a hard on when the deer dies? If so you've never been hunting and don't know anyone who has.