MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Matt Hughes defends hunting hobby - " The law and the bible say I can"

View Single Post

Old 10-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #104 (permalink)
DonRifle
Bantamweight

DonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
The many bibles in the world are garbage, that's about the only thing I can agree with in your argument.

You do realize that people who hunt don't just leave the meat and stuff lying around, right? They use the food/material that is left behind? Why does it matter if they enjoy it or not? If they are using the animal, what is the problem?

Also, you realize that it isn't the "kill" that excites them, it's the hunt, right? It's being out in the woods with a gun, tracking an animal, finding it, making sure to do all the things right and get the shot off. The actual death of the animal isn't what they have fun doing, it's the hunt that leads up to the death and the death is the end result, in which they use the meat/materials so it doesn't go to waste.
You make a fair point. I see hughes behind that massive beast and Im thinking it does not take a lot of 'hunting' on the open plains of africa to kill that. Same with the point I made about the king of spain, he wont be eating that elephant. So not everyone is in it for the hunt like you say, there are plenty of people in it for the killing. How much hunt is involved with an elephant?
Theres a neighbour of mine who is constantly shooting his rifle in his garden, he has a couple of acres of land now, but he has no crops/veg planted etc but spends his afternoon shooting hares and rabbits and I suppose whatever else is in the line of sight. Unless he is eating rabbit 7 days a week this guy likes killing and it seems to me theres plenty of people like that around