MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Matt Hughes defends hunting hobby - " The law and the bible say I can"

View Single Post

Old 10-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #126 (permalink)
DonRifle
Featherweight

DonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyD View Post
Nobody likes to hear an animal scream or wail but to have to run away and swear off bacon for months??? You should go full vegan. Seriously, you don't deserve meat.

You'd rather buy your meat from the market but you're just as guilty as the guy killing those animals. Just like the drone operator in your analogy, you have blood on your hands like it or not. And for you to bitch about hunters killing animals, is pure hypocrisy.

Rather than eat meat from an animal that has lived a free and completely natural life in the wild, you'd rather eat an animal that lived it's short miserable life in a cage, walking around in its own feces, eating genetically engineered food filled with hormones and vaccines. Because God forbid you should have to see some blood.
Your happy to be around an animal screaming wildly for 15-20 minutes?
I don't deserve meat because Im not happy to be around that? Bit of a twisted form of logic if you ask me.
My argument is simple, if animals need to be killed for food so be it, its the food chain as nature intended it as far as Im concerned. However as I have stated many times already i dont agree with killing animals just for sport and pleasure which is what I see happening in this hughes instance. He paid money to fly to africa to kill animals and bond with his son while killing animals. Large animals on open plains.
He wasnt going out of his cabin to score dinner for the family, he wasn't clearing up vermin or doing anyone a favour.