MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What game(s) are you playing?

View Single Post

Old 10-30-2012, 03:51 AM   #1895 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
Such a phenomenal game. The way they handled dialogue and character development was just perfect. I ended up putting around 80-90 hours into it with the DLC I got. I got mine for the 360 sadly so I didn't get to use pause and play as well as on the PC. I ended up just controlling the MC and Morrigan and letting the other two do whatever they want.

How'd you feel about the 2nd one? I got it just recently but honestly don't like it too much. The combat/story/characters just aren't anywhere near as good as in the first one.
The second one is definitely not as good as the first one, and I'm not going to spoil anything but let's just say Mass Effect 3 wasn't the first ending Bioware screwed fans over with.

I enjoyed the combat on the hardest difficulty (on PC) because you can still use pause and play, in fact pause and play is necessary on the hardest difficulty, but normal is way too easy and "casual" for lack of a better word. A person shouldn't have to go max hard mode to get fun out of combat.

The story isn't nearly as good but it's not horrible, I mean it kept my interest for the most part, it just fails miserably in comparison to Origins. The characters are also not nearly as good, in fact I don't even remember any of their names.

Also, they use the same exact dungeon layout 50 times during your questing, and I'm not kidding. there's like 5-10 zones to quest in, and your side quests will have you returning there every single time. Dungeon after Dungeon, cave after cave, will have the same exact layout, same exact locations, and it will annoy the crap out of you. It's one of the major complaints of the game from the general public, it's horribly designed.

I really can't fathom how they went from Origins, probably my favorite RPG of all time, to a middle of the road game that I wouldn't have even played had it not been the sequel to Origins.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin

*READ/IMPORTANT*
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote