MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Site building help

View Single Post

Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Just use Facebook unless you're willing to invest or put in the time to create a wicked site which usually runs minimum of $500 and onwards. A decent site will cost you $1,500 then you gotta pay an IT team and webmaster to update it unless you're looking at a CMS format which simply means you can update it yourself. That costs more unless you have an IT team who can copy one. Most sites all have similar interface. What's your budget...

If there's no revenue coming in then why invest that. Another option is to have a blog site.

Go Daddy is popular.

Step 1 - Check to see if the domain name is available then register it.
Step 2 - pay for year subscription
Step 3 - pay for hosting - 1 - 5 years. One year goes by fast. Trust me.
Step 4 - Hire an IT team. Give them the FTP account/username/password so they can gain access to the site.
Step 5 - Set up landing page. G_Lands' Kennel Website + Picture of yourself or dog and contact info so it doesn't have that ugly "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" sign.
Step 6 - Proof site. This is a process that takes weeks if not months depending on how fast you move.
Step 7 - Go live.

Just so you know majority of the lagtime is because the client (you or me) doesn't know what they want. I find myself changing and revising things many...many times. It's just how it is. So my advice is to write out what you want.

- headers
- text info
- functionality (selling products, email subscription, live twitter feed,) basically what is the objective of this website
- images
- graphics with flash components, sliders
- roll over effects
- sound effect IE: dog barking when your mouse scrolls over a certain image
*note everything I mentioned on there costs $250+. Add it up and you'll know why websites cost so much.

I don't design sites, but I've consulted for many so I can basically build the outline then figure out the components needed in several hours and then outsource it to my website teams.

Best of luck!

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote