MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - JDS Reminds Everyone, Including Jon Jones, Who is the “Baddest Man on the planet."

View Single Post

Old 11-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #35 (permalink)
Iuanes
Featherweight

Iuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Machida at what little stubby reach? Was able to connect on Jones. You are saying JDS...a superior boxer would get out "ranged" all night? You think he would sit at the end of his punches all night?

Jones has no standing KO power at 205. So he probably will have less at HW unless he goes OVEREEM on us. JDS would walk right through any weak jabs Jones had and land his own devastating shots.

Not everything is about reach. Reach certainly helps. But to say a striker like JDS would get out-boxed all night by Jones's weak punches is a little out there.

Miguel Torres had a huge reach for 135. Very technical. Good boxer. And he got caught a few times and finished by guys giving up a half a foot of reach. Timing and technical polished skills are better to have than reach.
I'm thinking less about punches, than punches and kicks. Secondly, I don't think Jones won't have too many qualms going for a clinch or playing the fence game. He might not get a takedown, but he'll be able to get elbows in.

As for Machida, sure, he got his shots at him, and I still want to see that rematch, but JDS is simply a different kind of striker than Machida and you know very well that Machida's game is very unique.

JDS has pretty simple set ups, at range, and with Jackson's gameplan, I doubt we'll see too much connect.

Granted, Jones' chin is a mystery, and JDS might only need one clean shot to do the job.

I'm not saying Jones would win for sure, but I'd say we'd see a fairly interesting match up that could go either way
Iuanes is offline   Reply With Quote