Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bantamweight

• Flyweight

Hardest weight class in the UFC?

5K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  mastodon2222 
#1 ·
By hardest I mean, which weight class do you believe is the hardest to fight in due to the talent.

For example personally I don't find anything under LW particularly stacked in terms of talent. For me I'd have to go LHW with HW being a close second.

What do you all think?

#2 ·
Welterweight, Top Ten slots in LHW and HW can come by default, MW you get one win and you can be in the top five. Welterweight the top ten is insanely competitive with guys that have been there for years and most of those fights are close.

#10 ·
Bantamweight.

Between Cruz, Barao, Faber, Bowles, Mayday, Wineland, Pickett, and Jorgensen, I don't think I've seen a bad fight from any of them and match them all up and it's gonna be a hell of a fight, even though Bowles has vanished off the face of the earth since the Faber mauling.

The most competitive weight class by far, was even better when they had Mighty Mouse, Benavidez, and Torres.

#11 ·
LW easily, hell you could honestly see anyone in the top 15 holding that belt by this time next year and that in itself is a statement.

#16 · (Edited)
That could also mean the opposite, that there are no fighter that are really talented in LW. The question you should ask yourself before using that as your argument is how would Henderson, Melendez and Diaz do against GSP for example in a catchweight fight?

Or the ultimate question to ask yourself to decide which weightclass that is most stacked would be to ask yourself how would LW top10 for example do against WW top10 in catchweight fights and so on for every division.

I would say LHW, since the top10 is really stacked and Jon Jones are really talented and basicly got the perfect genetic conditions for the weight class.

You can't count out a division just because a guy like Jon Jones dominates it.

#13 ·
welterweight is insanely stacked, they got a solid top 10, if not 15, a ridiculous and ever changing top 5 with guys who have been there for ages, and to top that, one of the greatest fighters to ever walk the planet holding the belt. (still ranking him at top 2 P4P with Silva, I'll be convinced by JJ once he goes through someone relentlessly assaulting his lead leg)

but welterweight is ridiculous, Fitch, Kos and GSP for the "old guard", Condit, Diaz, Kampman, Hendricks, McDonald, Ellenberger for the contender and potential contender list.

Then you get all the likes of Hardy, Maia, Akiyama (who went down to WW didn't he? is it official?), the occasional BJ and whatnot who you can never count out.

It has been stacked for years already, but during the last 2/3 years, it's sweating talent from all pores.

#15 ·
I went with lightweight, but if any of the top 3 heavyweights at the moment are fighting Im more excited than ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.