MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bonnar and Herman tested positive at UFC 153

View Single Post

Old 11-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #43 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joabbuac View Post
It can be used to come into the fight very heavy, you could be huge and come down in weight easily, doing it honestly drains you...it becomes a risk-reward type thing. I dont think this is what Bonner is up to though, he just couldnt make weight.
Thats not really how it works.

Its helps cut water weight. If you are really heavy then water weight wont be enough. And IF you are very heavy and you cut purely water weight especially using Drostanolone. Chances are you are going to be taken to the hospital before you ever step in to the octagon.

+

We all imagined Bonnar to be much bigger then Anderson and Anderson to be faster. If they had a full training camp then everything would have been exactly the same. Bonnar would make weight and be the bigger guy while Anderson would be a little smaller.
So he basically just did what he had to do to make weight since it was a short notice fight and he was retired. (I see no problem there. Anyway that is my opinion and i am going to sleep. No one is going to make me care about something just because they care about it.)

Also I was actually surprised at how close they were in size. I expected Bonnar to be alot bigger then Anderson but he wasnt.
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote