MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bonnar and Herman tested positive at UFC 153

View Single Post

Old 11-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #64 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
That is sort of my point. A guy as smart as Bonnar was willing to test positive (what if he won???) lose a chunk of money, and lose respect? The other option if just miss weight. Silva was defending nothing. Silva isn't a 205er. What difference would it have made if Anderson came in at 202 and Bonnar at 210?

He probably lost respect from Dana, Anderson, his fans...

Where as I doubt he would have lost any respect if he said the short notice and Brazil location was making it hard to get on weight. Guys do this all the time...and agree beforehand on a catchweight.

Who knows exactly what he used it for. If he used it for JUST cutting water he is still wrong. What kind of mentality would you bring into a fight if you knew in the back of your mind that you were going to fail the test? There was no commission in Brazil and Bonnar probably thought it was a good time to do it. UFC had their own testing and it obviously wasn't half-assed.

Either way it baffles me that a long standing vet would rather test positive for a failed blood test over asking for a weight change or straight up being fresher and missing weight by a few lbs. It is odd that making 205 in a "all for fun" fight was on the top of his list. Did he not want to lose respect for missing weight? But didn't care about the respect he'd lose for testing positive? Doesn't make any bit of sense to me?
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote