Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

RUMOR: Michael Bisping vs. Vitor Belfort at UFC 156

13K views 137 replies 51 participants last post by  No_Mercy 
#1 ·
https://twitter.com/search/Michael+Bisping+vs.+Vitor+Belfort?partner=Firefox&source=desktop-search

I've listed this as a rumor because I don't buy anything until MMAFighting, MMAJunkie, or MMAWeekly reports it but twitter is blowing up with this, so take it as a rumor for now. Apparently Alden Halpern(the guy who owns MMA Elite which is Bisping's main sponsor) broke the news.

This is the worst possible match up for Bisping outside of Anderson, and even though he got smashed Vitor has to feel somewhat good about the fact he did something to Jones, with Bisping's tendency to get rocked in every fight and Vitor's finishing ability, I'll take Vitor by stoppage.

#10 ·
Interesting matchup. Bisping is gonna get knocked out if the fight stays standing. Fight smart and bring the fight to the ground.

If Bisping wins, he would probably get a title shot over Weidman.

#14 ·
Great Thread TS!

Well Vitor is the better man for sure, however he has worn his body down quite a bit over the years and bisping is in his prime right now and not a bad fighter himself so its gonna be a fiarly close fight imo. Also bisping may be more well rounded.

Im gonna pick vitor via out punching bisping or subbing him when he gets taken down.

My second choice is Bisping winning by decision after laying and praying on vitor and fence wrestling him for quite some time after getting rocked in the stand up.

#21 ·
This is the biggest fight of Bisping's career, it's his time to put up or shut up as a previous poster said. If he loses, he will probably never get the title shot he so badly wants. But if he wins, he would make an undeniable statement as a legit contender who can't be refused a title shot.
I'm a big fan of Bisping so I'll be rooting for him, but if i had to bet on it it's hard not to see Belfort putting him away. It would be awesome though to see Bisping viciously KO Belfort in the first round :laugh:

#22 ·
If this happens it will be an awesome fight. It's incredible too me how Chael Sonnen can talk his way to a shot at the light heavyweight title without fighting anyone in that division and a guy like Bisping who has beat many good fighters hasn't got his chance yet.Belfort will be a very tough test for Bisping these two are arguably the two best middleweights behind Anderson Silva.

#28 ·
Bisping did great against Stann who has dangerous hands, but he lacks the physicality of Belfort who can charge through punches at blinding speed and lands hard shots. I'd say Belfort overpowers him on the ground too.

However, this is the ticket to title shot for Bisping and he's determined to have a go at it... he did just lose a questionable decision to Sonnen and defeat Stann handily, he's fighting better than ever.

All out scrap Vitor takes this but we'll see how Mike approaches him.

#30 ·
Well if this be true, Michael won't be getting a title shot any time soon. He'd better pray Vitor has a crisis of faith or something because I don't see him giving the phenom problems in any aspect. I would have liked to see Bisping get a tile shot since he's paid his dues with interest but I foresee a mat-nap in his near future...

#33 ·
I see Bisping pulling out the upset decision. Even though Belfort is dangerous, I do believe his best days are past him and Bisping is in his prime. It's still a bad matchup for Bisping but I see Belfort losing 2d and 3rd rounds, if Bisping can stay conscious and can stay on point. Bisping wants a shot badly and I think he'll bring his A game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.