MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The 5 Best Pound for Pound MMA Fighters!

View Single Post

Old 11-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
EagleClaw29
MMA Fanatic

EagleClaw29 has much to be proud ofEagleClaw29 has much to be proud ofEagleClaw29 has much to be proud ofEagleClaw29 has much to be proud ofEagleClaw29 has much to be proud ofEagleClaw29 has much to be proud ofEagleClaw29 has much to be proud ofEagleClaw29 has much to be proud ofEagleClaw29 has much to be proud ofEagleClaw29 has much to be proud ofEagleClaw29 has much to be proud of
The 5 Best Pound for Pound MMA Fighters!

Well folks - they say the only constant you can count on is change....and that holds true for MMA too.

I have a video from 2009 that is from YouTube with the title being what I have in the "Title:" box. And in 2009 I know that a lot of folks would have agreed with these choices.

Not everybody of course. And Hindsight is always 20-20. Anyway - the top 5 P for P MMA fighters in the world circa 2009.

Uriah Faber - he is 5-5 in his last 10 fights. Will he ever have a belt again?

Georges St.-Pierre - His last 4 victories have all been 5 round decisions. No K.O.'s, no T.K.O.'s, no submissions. I saw his last fight vs. Jake Shields & it was thoroughly boring. Looked like 5 rounds of amateur boxers sparring with one of them being a bit better than the other.

I guess he fights Condit next later this month? That will be his 1st fight in 19 months. I guess we'll see if he still belongs here.

Miguel Torres - He is 3-4 in his last 7 fights. In his last fight, he was KO'ed in the 1st round by Michael McDonald (isn't he the singer from the Doobie Brothers?)

Just goes to show in MMA you can go from almost invincible (he was 37-1 before this streak) to average pretty darn quick.

All these guys have to deal with the MMA explosion & so many talented athletes getting into this now.....& there are always some guys in the wings with talent & incredible work ethic doing their best to come and get them....this is just such a tough sport to stay on top.

Anderson Silva - no argument here. This is the one guy in the top 5 that nobody can disagree with (well, nobody in their right mind).

Fedor Emelianenko - the machine. The unbeatable, invincible, etc.

Hey, I liked Fedor. But you could sort of see the end was in sight when Brett Rogers was hammering him in the 1st round of their fight.

So out of these 5 guys....I only see one that is for sure still in this elite class....and maybe two. But thats it....no doubt about it.

I wonder which 5 MMA fighters right now are considered the bets PfP guys. I'm sure most would agree on at least two or three of them. But I bet there would be a lot of arguments concerning the last 2 or 3.

Oh yeah - here is this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTq1q...=results_video

So I guess I'll come back in 2015 & see how the top 5 guys from today are doing.
EagleClaw29 is offline   Reply With Quote